- Person F, who has an income of 4500 euros, or 4700, but strives for 5000 euros
- Person M, who has an income of 4600 euro, but strives for 400 more euros
If not, let me give you a slightly different example. Say you're looking for a new job, and before going to any interviews, you said: "I'm targeting 5000 euros".
You get 2 offers:
- Offer 1: 4800 euros, flexible hours, not very stressful
- Offer 2: 5500 euors, 9-to-5 hours, with the possibility of aprox 20% overtime
Before delving into more details, let me give you the facts:
- there are a lot more of Person M in the universe
- Person F live a quite happier life than Person M
- Person F has a fixed goal, knows when the goal is reached (in our case, the 5000 euros/mo), and takes the time to enjoy it, before eventually moving on to other goals
- Person M will always want more, even if he reaches 6 or 7000 euros (while also ending up working more and being more stressed)
The trouble with being a Person M, is that it unconsciously means more work on your part. You want more, you need to do more. The fundamental difference is that Person F understands this, while Person M doesn't (and doesn't know when to stop).
What type are you, and, if you're a Person M, are you willing/do you want to change?
P.S. It's my birthday today, so Happy Birthday to meee!