Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Answering thy phone...

Seth Godin makes a very valid point. And it's happened to me quite a few times - someone bored answering the phone, not giving me the information I need, etc.

The solution?

  • Conversations need to be recorded
  • Bad feedback
    • must reach management; his needs to happen right away - if you can't forward the person directly to a manager, forward him the recording of the call
    • when receiving bad feedback, ask the caller for a phone no. or email, so that you can later reach him/her
  • Allow your customers to rate the person they talked to. I've seen this happen for some enterprise corporations like IBM, HP - kudos to them!
  • The marks your phone operators get - record them, and also forward them back to the phone operators
  • Have rewards for operators that are rated best
It's not that hard, you just need to truly care for your customers...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.